This job is no longer available
We have a position for a General Manager at the Snooty Fox in Crawley, part of our John Barras Brand.
The Snooty Fox is located on the main road, opposite Three Bridges train station in an affluent area of Crawley. Recently invested into the John Barras brand with central bar area this site offers great opportunities for growth in the food sales area
John Barras is a collection of great pubs that are situated in the hub of the local community. With a friendly welcome, great value drinks and a whole host of activity your local John Barras will always have something going on!
If you are looking to work in a busy, high value and vibrant Neighbourhood pub then our John Barras brand is most definitely for you.
John Barras is part of Spirit Pub Company. Spirit currently operates over 800 high quality branded pubs nationwide with over 17,000 dedicated employees, delivering exceptional guest experiences.We are also home to other market leading brands including Chef & Brewer, Original Pub Company and Taylor Walker.
Our portfolio represents some of the UK's most profitable pubs in the UK eating out market. In the last two years, we have re-positioned the company and brand with a detailed focus on improving our operating disciplines to help us to recruit and retain the best people.
General Manager duties and responsibilities:
- Full control and accountability of your business.
- People management including recruitment, training & development, rota planning, performance management.
- Leadership and coaching of the team.
- Control over business P & L and other financial reporting.
- Cost control including ensuring team correctly manage stock and wastage, costs, and monitoring other outgoings.
- Ensuring every department operates inside company standards for quality and service.
- Proactively promoting the business as needed to increase revenue streams.It is imperative that you are confident and articulate in your communication and that you establish relationships with key support centre teams proactively communicating ideas that will ensure the success and on-going improvement of the brand in which you are working.You also need to be a natural leader and encourage the development of your team with leadership and coaching to influence a progressive culture.
What we look for in a General Manager:
We are looking for an experienced General Manager who has a strong commercial understanding of our industry, with a proven ability to use effective communication to develop and drive business & people.
We offer an exceptional flexible benefits package, award winning training and excellent career progression opportunities in a progressive and dynamic environment.
We're always on the lookout for more talent, so if you want to make your way to the top and work for a Sunday Times Best Company, we would love to hear from you.